Let it be known, no matter what some of the political pundits say, we are in a debt crisis which threatens our entire economy and our currency’s purchasing power. For the past several decades, both political parties have not been good stewards of our tax dollars and now we are faced with the harsh reality that tough choices are ahead of us. With over 15 trillion dollars in debt, many make the comment that we are mortgaging our children’s future to pay for today, but the truth of the matter is that we have already done that and now we are mortgaging our own.
Currently, we have over 60 trillion in unfunded liabilities in the upcoming future. Our current path is unsustainable and if left unresolved will lead to a currency debasement with massive inflation. We need a congressman who is willing to stick their neck on the line to fight against such irresponsibility and poor statesmanship, I promise to do the following in order to combat this threat to our republic.
- I will never vote for an unbalanced budget and will hold true to my convictions concerning such.
- I will support audits of every single federal department to promote accountability and eliminate wasteful spending.
- I will support broad but specific cuts to federal programs that will preserve the integrity of the promises we have made to our seniors.
- I will support reforms to particular entitlement programs that have been proven ineffective and only serve as a “glass ceiling” to individuals attempting to escape poverty and find opportunity.
- I believe there is a difference between military spending and defense spending. I will support specific cuts in military spending that maintain support for our national security while enhancing our defense. (You can read more concerning these specific cuts and policy approaches under the “Foreign Policy” tab on my “Issues” page).
The United States currently borrows 40 cents of every dollar it spends; we have an addiction to spending in which both political parties have been unwilling to address. This addiction is fueled by politicians who lack convictions and the courage to do what is right for the health of our nation. Instead of making the tough choices necessary to get our house in order, they seem to prefer being re-elected and supporting their special interest friends with our borrowed money. I will not be this type of congressmen; I will do what is economically sound for the stability and growth of our nation even if it ends my tenure in Washington.
Sign up for updates to stay in the loop and learn how you can be involved in your area.